Making deco mesh wreaths is super easy, and they make great gifts! I made this St. Louis Cardinals wreath as a Christmas gift. I loved it so much that I made one for myself too 🙂
- 16-20″ wired wreath frame – ideally with pipe cleaners attached (otherwise purchase red/white pipe cleaners)
- Large red deco mesh roll
- Small red & white striped deco mesh roll
- St. Louis Cardinals ribbon
- St. Louis Cardinals mini pennants
- Mini baseballs
- Mini baseball bat (if desired)
- Glue gun
- Attach pipe cleaners (or straighten attached wires) on the wreath frame. Use whatever size wreath you desire. I’ve found smaller ones (16″) tend to look better because they are fuller.
- Attach two rounds of red deco mesh, alternating between front and back row.
- Attach a round of red and white striped deco mesh, alternating between front and back row.
- If desired, wrap a layer of ribbon around the entire wreath. Cut short strips of other Cardinals ribbons and attach to the pipe cleaners, alternating throughout for an even distribution.
- Using a glue gun, attach the Cardinals pennants, mini baseballs, and a mini bat.
- Hang your wreath on a door or wall! The wreath below is a smaller wreath frame
Here’s an alternate Cardinals wreath that I made from a normal wreath with red deco mesh, Cardinal bird ribbon, gold ribbon, poinsettias, and a clip on Cardinal bird.